Sun-dried tomatoes pesto
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 50 g grated hard cheese
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon - juice and zest(optional)
- Chili flakes (optional)
- If you are using dry sun-dried tomatoes, put them in warm water for 5 minutes before using. Discard the water and put the tomatoes in the food processor.
- If you are using oil-preserved sun-dried tomatoes, discard the preserving oil, and put the tomatoes in the food processor.
- Add parsley, basil, sunflower seeds, grated cheese, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and blend for about 1 minute, or until a thick paste is formed.
- Check for salt, before adding any, since sun-dried tomatoes are quite salty themselves.
- Season with pepper and chili flakes at the end.
- Divide it in portions and freeze for future use.
I usually use 1 tbsp pesto and 2-3 tbsp pasta water, for one bowl of pasta, but this depends on your taste.
1 cup = 1 standard cup 240 ml
Recipe by Mandarina at https://mandarina-yum.com/en/sun-dried-tomatoes-pesto/