Baking bread, again and again 😍 this time I experimented with ciabatta, an Italian traditional bread with a thin crust & light texture.
I love it particularly because it’s so simple to bake it. Baking is the part I fear more when it comes to bread, and ciabatta bakes in no time and doesn’t need any special utensils.
This recipe makes a medium ciabatta, and if you love bread as much as I do, or if you’ve got a big family, you should consider doubling the recipe.
- 1 & 1/2 cups strong bread flour
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Mix flour, salt and yeast.
- Add the warm water and mix until everything comes together.
- The mixture should be pretty sticky.
- Transfer the dough to a large bowl greased with olive oil.
- Cover and let it sit in the counter for 1-3 hours depending on the temperature of your kitchen.
- After this time flour the surface where you’re gonna work the dough, stretch and fold the dough very gently.
- Brush the bowl with olive oil again, put the dough and let it rest for half an hour.
- Repeat the folding & resting 2 more times.
- Shape the ciabatta very gently, put it in a baking pan covered with baking paper and let it sit for 10-15 min.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 250F.
- Put the ciabatta in the oven and bake for 15-20 min.
- Let it cool before serving.