These days are so hot, I am practically surviving on fruits, well fruits and yogurt. Yogurt is known for its versatility, it pairs with almost everything sweet or savour, but, for me the combination with fruits is top ranked.
I know there are so many store bought options of yogurt with fruits, but they’re filled with sugar, colorants and preserves, and have artificial taste. So, here’s for you a sweet and fruity yogurt recipe, made at home in few minutes that will make your summer days brighter.
Time : 5 minutes
Serves : 3-4 persons
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1 & ½ cup fruits
In this case I’ve used strawberries, but you may use any fruits you like such as blackberries, blueberries, peaches, cherries, or a mix of them.
- 1-2 tbs honey or maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it)
- A little bit of vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix the yogurt with honey and vanilla if using, until everything combined well and the yogurt gains a creamy texture.
- Clean and chop the strawberries. If you’re using other fruits which are small, such as blueberries or blackberries, just mash half of them with a fork.
- Add the fruits, in this case the chopped strawberries to the yogurt mixture.
Enjoy straight away, or leave one night in the fridge for the best result.
It keeps well in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 days max.