Waffles are one of my favorite types of breakfast, especially on the weekend. The ingredients are quite the same with the pancakes ingredients but baking, or should I say waffling makes all the difference.
This is a recipe for whole wheat waffles, because I love the nuttiness and density of whole wheat and because it makes them healthier. You can top them with whatever you want 🙂 unleash your fantasy and enjoy.
Time : 20 minutes
Serving size : 4 persons
- 1 & ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbs unsalted butter melted
* 1 cup – a standart cup of 240 ml
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy.
- Beat in flour, milk, butter, sugar, baking powder and salt, just until smooth.
- Pour mix in the hot waffle iron.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Serve warm with whatever you wish. I chose maple syrup, Greek yogurt and blueberries.