Strawberry season is here 🙂 I am crazy about their characteristic aroma, bright red color, juicy texture and sweetness. I can’t wait to try all things I have in mind with strawberry like healthy strawberry jam, healthy strawberry ice-cream, strawberry smoothie, strawberry salad, strawberry souffle etc, etc.I am opening the strawberry cooking season with this super-cute and super-yum white chocolate, coconut strawberry muffins. Usually, I prefer muffins over cakes, because there’s something so comforting about muffins. They’re easy to make, you don’t need to cut them and make a mess, you may have them for breakfast, evening snack or add a frosting and voila you have a great, indulgent dessert.
Apart from strawberries this recipe includes shredded coconut, for a more exotic flavor and white chocolate for extra sweetness and flavor. I go crazy about this mix of flavors and I really hope you make them and enjoy as much as I do. They are really good freshly baked, but they’re at their best on the next day, since the flavors mix together and get more intense.
Time : 45 min
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 & 1/2 cups fresh chopped strawberries
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius, butter a muffin tin and set aside. You may use even muffins liners, but since this muffins contain strawberries they tend to stick to the liners and that’s not very nice, while, if you properly butter the tin, they come out perfectly.
- Clean and chop the strawberries and set them aside.
- In a medium bowl cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat again.
- Add the yogurt and vanilla and mix again.
- In another bowl mix flour, coconut, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the wet mixture with the dry mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips and chopped strawberries and fold into the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 – 22 min.