There’s nothing like a good homemade snack to enjoy while watching a movie at home or when you are having friends over. My snacks are usually on the sweet side, but this time I’m sharing with you a savoury snack recipe, white cabbage ricotta and tuna wraps.
These wraps are absolutely amazing. The freshness of white cabbage leaves pairs perfectly with the creaminess of ricotta and warm flavour of tuna. I’ve also added some sunflower seeds to add a little crunchiness and lemon to make it more fresh.
White cabbage raps are amazing with a glass of white wine and of course good company.
Makes 12-15 cabbage wraps
- 12-15 white cabbage leaves (choose a medium cabbage)
- 250 g ricotta
- 200 g tuna (caned in water or oil)
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2-3 tbs sunflower seeds
- Wash and dry well cabbage leaves and cut out any tough ribs or stems.
- Open the tuna can and discard the water or oil
- In a medium bowl mix tuna, ricotta, lemon juice, sunflower seeds, salt and pepper.
- Add the ricotta and tuna spread in cabbage leaves and roll them up.
- Use toothpicks to secure leaves if necessary.
- You may also use the spread in bruschetta or sandwiches, or as a pasta sauce.