Looking for a refreshing drink to cool down this summer? The answer is “watermelon agua fresca”, a dead simple recipe, made by blending watermelon with water, a bit of honey and lime juice.
The name means literally “fresh water,” and is a popular drink in Mexico and throughout Central America. The secret to a great watermelon agua fresca is to use sweet, juicy watermelon. You may spice it up with mint, or ginger, or transform it into watermelon cocktail just by adding a splash of Vodka.
Serves : 3-4 persons
- 3 cups watermelon
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tbs honey (optional)
- 4-5 leaves of mint
- Remove the watermelon seeds
- Blend the watermelon, water, honey and fresh lime juice in a blender until the watermelon is smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or longer.
- Fill a glass with ice, pour in the agua fresca, garnish with mint leaves, and serve.
- Agua fresca can be stored in an airtight container and chilled for up to 1 day.