Few weeks ago, I was having lunch with some Spanish friends. They prepared paella, and explained to me all the basis, on how to easily make it at home.
Couldn’t wait to make it myself, so I run to the kitchen the next day and prepared this delicious paella packed with lots of vegetables and plant protein from beans.
It’s so good and so quick to make, you should definitely try.
I am always grateful to people who love to share their family recipes with me and give me permission to post them on the blog, and couldn’t be happier with all the family recipes I’ve collected through years. Food is love. Thank you for sharing it with me.
For 4 persons
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium peppers
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or caned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cooked corn or 8 baby corns
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 3/4 cup long grain rice
- 1 & 1/2 cup hot water
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- Clean and chop the vegetables and keep them separately.
- Place a big pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and the onion and cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add chopped carrots and peppers and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add beans, corn, tomato sauce, rice and hot water and cook over medium heat and cook until it absorbs the water.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add olive oil and mix very well.
- Serve warm with fresh sour-cream or yogurt on top and lime juice.