Tahini is sesame seeds butter and is an amazing ingredient for many recipes, sweet or savoury.
Tahini makes hummus nutty and super creamy, it is the perfect addition to a salad dressing, it tastes amazing on toast with a layer of jam or honey, it is great to use on cakes and it pairs perfectly with chocolate.
I have a friend who loves tahini too and since she got a jar of tahini she was asking me for tahini recipes. So I started testing different combinations to make the perfect tahini and chocolate cookies.
The recipe is easy to follow and keeps well for weeks. It has a nice nutty flavour that will make your friends wonder what’s the secret ingredient.
Tahini & cocoa cookies
Yield 20 cookies
- Delicious cocoa butter cookies with a touch of tahini.
- 1 & 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 150 g butter
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup sugar (you may use up to 1 cup if you prefer them sweeter)
- 1 egg
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add tahini and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix again.
- In another bowl mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and sesame seeds.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until the dough comes together.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for about 30 min.
- Preheat the oven for at least 10 minutes before baking at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Shape the cookies using an ice-cream scoop.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 8-10 minutes.
- Let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
1 cup = 240 ml