You already know my love story with tahini, or I should better say my obsession with tahini.
Tahini is sesame seeds butter and is an amazing ingredient for many recipes, sweet or savoury.
Tahini makes hummus nutty and super creamy, it is the perfect addition to a salad dressing, it tastes amazing on toast with a layer of jam or honey, it is great to use on cakes and it pairs perfectly with chocolate.
I have a friend who loves tahini too and since she got a jar of tahini she was asking me for tahini recipes. So I started testing different combinations to make the perfect tahini and chocolate cookies.
The recipe is easy to follow and keeps well for weeks. It has a nice nutty flavour that will make your friends wonder what’s the secret ingredient.
Tahini & cocoa cookies
Yield 20 cookies
Delicious cocoa butter cookies with a touch of tahini.
- 1 & 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 150 g butter
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 & 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add tahini and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix again.
- In another bowl mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and sesame seeds.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until the dough comes together.
- Shape the dough into a disc, cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge for at least one hour or overnight. At this point, you may even freeze it for later.
- Roll the dough and cut into shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Preheat the oven for at least 10 minutes before baking at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 8-10 minutes.
- Let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
1 cup = 240 ml