Yield 4 persons
Stuffed squids is a delicious dinner that you can easily make at home.
- 8 medium small or 4 big squids with tentacles, cleaned
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup grated hard cheese
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 medium egg
- 1 bunch of parsley
- ¼ cup white wine
- 8 wooden picks
- Chop squid tentacles and cook them on a medium-high heat with one tbsp olive oil, for 1-2 minutes.
- Let them cool slightly and then add the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, cheese and the egg and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a pastry bag or use a small spoon to fill the squids.
- Fill the squids carefully with the mixture and close them using a toothpick.
- Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan and add the stuffed squids
- Cook them on high heat for 3-4 minutes, and add the wine.
- Let them cook for another 2-3 minutes on high heat than lower the heat to medium heat, cover the pan with a lid and cook for around 20 minutes.
- Enjoy warm.
1 cup – a standard cup of 240 ml
I paired them with a simple butter and sweet red pepper sauce.
Recipe by Mandarina at http://mandarina-yum.com/en/stuffed-squids/