Stuffed squids and baked salmon on sesame seeds were a summer favourite few years ago when I first discovered the joy of cooking.
I had completely forgotten about the stuffed squids, until some days ago, when my better half requested it. The recipe is very easy to follow and requires very few ingredients, so you’ll have a delicious gourmet dinner in no time and with little effort.
Yield 4 persons
Stuffed squids is a delicious dinner that you can easily make at home.
- 8 medium small or 4 big squids with tentacles, cleaned
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup grated hard cheese
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 medium egg
- 1 bunch of parsley
- ¼ cup white wine
- 8 wooden picks
- Chop squid tentacles and cook them on a medium-high heat with one tbsp olive oil, for 1-2 minutes.
- Let them cool slightly and then add the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, cheese and the egg and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a pastry bag or use a small spoon to fill the squids.
- Fill the squids carefully with the mixture and close them using a toothpick.
- Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan and add the stuffed squids
- Cook them on high heat for 3-4 minutes, and add the wine.
- Let them cook for another 2-3 minutes on high heat than lower the heat to medium heat, cover the pan with a lid and cook for around 20 minutes.
- Enjoy warm.
1 cup – a standard cup of 240 ml
I paired them with a simple butter and sweet red pepper sauce.