I love creating delicious sweet bites with dates. They are ready in few minutes and you can play endlessly with flavors. I like filling dates with nut butter, like almond butter, or peanut butter, or my favorite plant-based butter, tahini. They pair perfectly also with ricotta or mascarpone, and also with lightly toasted almonds.
I always dip stuffed dates in dark chocolate to balance the sweetness, and get some extra iron. I am diagnosed with an iron deficiency lately, and since dark chocolate is very rich in iron, it makes the perfect excuse to enjoy more of it. Stuffed dates make a perfect edible gift, to share with your loved ones.
I also made a short video to show you how easy it is to prepare this delicious and healthy sweet bites.
Stuffed dates, dipped in dark chocolate
- 20 dates
- 200 g dark chocolate
- Choose between the below fillings:
- Nut butter of choice (peanut, almond butter, hazelnut butter)
- Toasted almonds
- Optional - Chopped nuts
- Pit the dates.
- Fill them with the filling of choice, using a piping bag, or a small spoon.
- Once they’re ready, melt the chocolate and dip each date in half.
- Sprinkle some chopped nuts on top.
- Place them on a plate covered with parchment paper, so they will not stick.
- Put in the fridge for around 10-15 minutes, or until the chocolate is set.