Sunday is a stay-at-home day! I like to wake up slowly, read a nice book, take a walk and then prepare some delicious food that needs a bit more time, which I can’t do during the week.
Oven-baked crepes are a great choice for lunch on Sunday. If you have some leftover crepes from Saturday’s breakfast, that’s even better! Luckily this recipe is loved by all family members and they always look forward to the day we make them. There are even volunteers to wash the spinach!
Besides this great dish, our Sunday meals always come with our family’s favourite drink. Yep, you guessed it right! It’s Coca-Cola!
Baked ricotta & spinach crepes
Yield 4 servings
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 20 g melted butter
- 300 g spinach
- 250 g ricotta
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves
- ¾ cup (180 ml) tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 40 g grated hard cheese
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor for about 1 minute. If you don’t have one, use a mixer or just mix by hand using a fork.
- Let the dough sit in for 15 minutes in the fridge and then start to cook the crepes. Put a medium pan over medium heat and melt a small knob of butter.
- Add 1/3 cup of dough in the pan, spread it in the entire surface and let it cook for 1 minute on one side and 30 sec on the other.
- Repeat the process until all the dough is finished.
- Put the crepes on a plate, adding each on top of the others.
- Clean the spinach and cut into small pieces.
- Add salt and press the spinach with your hands until it loses some of its volume and water.
- Cut the basil into thin slices and add them to the spinach.
- Add the ricotta and mix then add the salt, pepper and ground nutmeg.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the filling in each crepe, and roll to make a cylinder shape (I suggest preparing 8 in total).
- Place the crepes in a baking pan which is first greased with olive oil.
- Mix the tomato sauce with salt, pepper, olive oil and add it to the crepes.
- Add the grated hard cheese and bake at 180 degree Celsius for 15-20 minutes.
Serve while still hot, and enjoy with Coca-Cola for a super, family lunch!
1 cup = 240 ml