I love cookies, walnuts, chocolate and baking, so these cookies were kind of favourite thing to do during holidays. They’re easy to assemble, pretty cute and need only few ingredients.
If you keep them in an airtight container they last more than 2 weeks.
Anyhow they’re a little bit tricky to bake. But once you have tasted these beauties you realize any effort is worth it.
Snowball cookies make a very nice homemade gift for holidays. Wrap them up in a nice way and share love and sweetness with your dearest persons.
Time : 1 hour
- 230 g butter
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 1/2 cups walnut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbs of water if the dough does not assemble easily
- Powder sugar for rolling the cookies
Note : 1 cup – a standard cup of 240 ml
- Cream butter in a medium sized bowl using an electric mixer.
- Add sugar and continue creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and salt and fold into butter mixture.
- At the end add walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Form dough balls approximately one tbs each.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 min – 1 hour.
- Preheat oven at 190 degrees Celsius.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 min or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and dust with powder sugar until still warm.
- Let them cool and dust with powder sugar again.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.