I love cookies, walnuts, chocolate and baking, so these cookies were kind of favourite thing to do during holidays. They’re easy to assemble, pretty cute and need only a few ingredients.
If you keep them in an airtight container they last more than 2 weeks.
Anyhow, they’re a little bit tricky to bake. But once you have tasted these beauties you realize any effort is worth it.
Snowball cookies make a very nice homemade gift for holidays. Wrap them up in a nice way and share love and sweetness with your dearest persons.
- 230 g butter
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 1/2 cups walnut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbs of water if the dough does not assemble easily
- Powder sugar for rolling the cookies
- Cream butter in a medium-sized bowl using an electric mixer.
- Add sugar and continue creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and salt and fold into butter mixture.
- At the end add walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Form dough balls approximately one tbs each.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 min – 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 min or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and dust with powder sugar until still warm.
- Let them cool and dust with powder sugar again.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Note: 1 cup – a standard cup of 240 ml