Whenever I need a fast and fulfilling meal I go for eggs; poached eggs, sunny eggs, omelette, scrambled eggs it all depends on the mood and time to cook.
Scrambled eggs are my go to choice whenever I am short of time and hungry. They are so easy to make, and keep you full for some hours, especially if you add vegetables, mushrooms, cheese etc.
In this post I’m going to show you how to prepare scrambled eggs with spinach and feta cheese, for extra flavour and nutrition values.
Preparation time – 10 min
Serving size : 1 person
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 30 gr feta cheese
- A hand full of spinach (cut into small pieces)
- 1-2 parsley stems minced
- 1 tbs Olive oil or butter
- Toasted seeds ( flaxseeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds)
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl. Add salt, pepper, and milk and then use a fork to beat them together well.
- Put a medium saucepan at low-medium heat and add the olive oil or butter.
- Leave it to heat and then carefully pour in the eggs.
- Stir slowly with a silicon spatula as eggs begin to set and add the spinach, parsley and crumbled feta cheese.
- Keep gently stirring until eggs are thickened.
- They should still look silky, slightly runny and slightly underdone.
- When you remove from the heat – the heat of the pan will continue to cook the eggs to perfection.
- Sprinkle toasted seeds and serve warm.