This savory zucchini bread was at first an experimental recipe. I wanted to prepare something savor for a bake sale at work. I kind of mixed whatever I had in the fridge and ended up with this beauty. To my surprise the result was wonderful and when I brought the cake at work everyone was asking me for the recipe. I tried hard to remember everything, wrote it down, baked it once again, took some photos and Voila 🙂
- 1 & 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 50 g butter – room temperature
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup olives pitted
- 50 g hard cheese
- 50 g feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds + 1 tbs to sprinkle on top
- 2 tbs oatmeal to sprinkle on top
- Mix the room temperature butter, with olive oil until you create a homogeneous mixture
- Cut the feta cheese and hard cheese in small cubes and add them at the butter and oil mixture.
- Beat the eggs, great the zucchini in the cheese greater and add them at the cheese mixture.
- In another bowl mix the flour, salt, polenta, oregano, sunflower seeds and baking powder.
- Mix the two mixtures, until the batter is formed.
- Pour the batter in the pan which is previously buttered. – I used a standard loaf pan and a muffin pan.
- Sprinkle some seeds and oatmeal flakes.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For the muffin tins it takes about 15-18 min, while for the loaf form it takes around 35-40 min.
- Bring out the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 min, then remove from the pan and wait around 5-10 min before cutting it.