Fruit crumbles are so good, light with an intense fruit flavor, and so forgiving.
You can endlessly play with them, try different fruits, grains, sweeteners, nuts and spices.
I like to use honey, instead of sugar, especially with winter fruits. I play with flavors, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, rose water, you name it 🙂 this time I skipped everything, because I wanted raspberries to be the queen.
This raspberry crumble is so summery, so colorful so delicious, and super easy to make. If you don’t like raspberries, no worries, replace them with your favorite summer fruit, apricots, peaches, cherries, strawberries, blueberries would be a perfect substitute.
- 600 g raspberries, feel free to replace it with your favorite summer fruit
- 1 apricot (optional)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds (optional)
- Zest of 1 medium lime
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 100 g butter
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 cup of mixed nuts (I mixed almond flakes, hazelnuts & walnuts)
- Brush a glass casserole with butter.
- Add fruits, sugar, cornstarch, lime zest & poppy seeds.
- Mix well.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the oven at at 180 C.
- Put flour, oatmeal, sugar & butter in a big bowl.
- Mix with your hands until completely mixed and crumbly.
- Add the nuts & poppy seeds and mix again.
- Add the dough over the fruit mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes.
- Let it cool before serving.
- Matches perfectly with ice cream or yogurt.