Almost 2 months ago I made a short questionnaire that I shared on my Facebook page on what you would like to find more on this blog. The top answer was “healthy recipes”. Obviously, it made my day, since I love experimenting with healthy recipes.
Quinoa with shrimps and zucchini is the synonym of healthy food. The recipe is very easy to follow and the result is a colorful plate with an amazing aroma and flavor.
Depending on the season you may use other vegetables instead of zucchini like spinach, peas, leeks, asparagus or whatever you like and think can match well with quinoa. I choose shrimps since they’re my favorite seafood, but other seafood also works well.
Serves: 4 persons
- 450 g cleaned shrimps
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Chopped parsley
Note: 1 cup – a standard cup of 240 ml
- Rinse the quinoa under running water, drain and pour it into a deep saucepan.
- Add 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt and cook over medium heat. Cook until quinoa has absorbed all the water and has slightly puffed. It usually takes around 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, clean the zucchini and cut it into small pieces.
- Cook the zucchinis in a big saucepan placed over medium high heat with 1 tbsp. olive oil, for 5-10 minutes, or until they start to get some brown spots. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Season the shrimps with salt and pepper and cook them in the same saucepan over medium high heat with 1 tbsp. olive oil, for 7-10 minutes or until they get a nice red-brown crust. Add the cooked quinoa and cooked zucchinis and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the remaining olive oil and chopped parsley and mix again.
- Divide in serving plates and enjoy warm.