Some days ago I wrote a long post on tacos, on how delicious and easy they are, and the recipes for different fillings. The post got very popular, and I couldn’t be happier.
I feel I own you another taco recipe, this one is quicker and yet delicious. The perfect recipe to make when you have friends over and you need to make something special, with little effort.
It includes, avocados, limes, coriander, red beans, taco sauce and sour cream, all the good things I mean. I suggest you make your own taco wraps, but store bought ones are also a great and also quicker solution.
- 10-15 taco wraps
- 2 medium, and ripe avocados
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 cup of cooked red beans (canned red beans work very well too)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 big tomato
- ½ medium shallot
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp spicy red pepper flakes
- 2 limes
- As stated above you may choose to make your own taco wraps following this super easy recipe, or go with the store bought ones.
- Then prepare the fillings.
- To make the taco sauce, peel the tomato and onion and cut them in big chunks.
- Put the onion, tomato, olive oil, cumin and red pepper flakes in the blender and blend until homogeneous.
- Marinate the cooked red beans with lime juice and salt and pepper and set aside.
- Peel the avocado, cut it in thin slices and marinate with the juice of half lime, salt and pepper.
- Start assembling tacos by adding 1-2 tbsp. marinated red beans, followed with 1 tbsp. of taco sauce, and some slices of avocado on each taco wrap.
- At the end, top with sour cream and fresh coriander.
- Enjoy right away.