Every Halloween my aunt makes a very nice halva with Pumpkin 🙂 I had never tried to make it myself, till last week, when I got a big pumpkin and I had to find some creative ways to cook it.
The recipe is easy to follow and needs few minutes to prepare, so I thought why not share it with you. This pumpkin halva calls for semolina flour which gives a very nice crunchy texture to the halva and grated pumpkin which gives an amazing aroma and flavour.
- 1 & 1/2 cup semolina flour
- 3/4 cup sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded pumpkin
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup sesame
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cups honey
Note : 1 cup – a standart cup of 240 ml
- At first we prepare the syrup.
- Mix honey and water and bring to a boil.
- Let it boil for around 5 min and then remove from the oven.
- Then, in another pan, stir the pumpkin with sugar, oil and semolina, until golden brown.
- Add the seeds and coconut and mix well.
- At the end add the syrup little by little in 4-5 steps.
- Let the mixture absorb all the syrup and then shape it however you like.
- As always I like to use an ice cream scoop, because it’s so easy.
Sprinkle a little cinnamon and enjoy warm or cold. 🙂