Pasta is such a comfortable meal, especially if you’re cooking for friends. It is easy to find a pasta recipe that satisfies everyone’s taste. One of the latest inventions, that I couldn’t wait to share with you, is this delicious recipe where pasta meets shrimps and cherry tomatoes.
It’s no news that cherry tomatoes pair perfectly with shrimps, and to make them more irresistible, I added a mix of basil leaves blended with some almonds and olive oil. Basil adds freshness, while almonds add some crunch and nuttiness to make this dish even more delicious.
Now enough with the talking, let’s start cooking.
Pasta with cherry tomatoes and shrimps
- 360-400 g of your favorite pasta. For me spaghetti is my pasta of choice for this recipe.
- 300 g cherry tomatoes
- 800 g cleaned shrimps
- ½ cup (120 ml) white wine
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 40 g butter
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 5-10 basil leaves (depending on how much you like basil taste)
- Nutmeg (optional)
- Grated hard cheese (optional)
- Clean the tomatoes, cut them in half and set aside.
- Clean the basil leaves, and blend them with the almonds and olive oil using the small head of your blender.
- Clean the shrimps and dry them with kitchen paper. Add salt and pepper and put them aside.
- Put a big pan over medium-high heat and add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- When the oil gets hot, add shrimps and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side. Then, add the wine and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook for another 5 min.
- At the end add the sauce prepared with almonds and basil and mix well.
- While the shrimps are cooking, start cooking the pasta in parallel.
- Put a big pot filled with water and 1 tbsp. salt over high heat and bring to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Once they’re ready, drain and bring them back to the pot.
- Add shrimps sauce and butter in cubes.
- Mix them well until the butter has melted completely. Add a little bit of grated nutmeg at the end.
Divide it in serving plates, and don’t forget to serve it with a cold Coke, to enjoy even more your evening with your friends.