The first time I tried this apple pie, I fell in love with it and I immediately wanted to create my version of it.
It was a movie day at a friend’s house and she had prepared this simple dessert found in a Russian food blog.
As soon as I got the recipe I started experimenting and the result is this recipe. It has less butter and sugar than the original recipe but still tastes great. I called it apple pie, but in fact it’s something between a tart and a pie. It is light, sweet, fresh and requires minimum effort to make. No difficult techniques or special ingredients. It tastes better after a day at the fridge, the flavours melt together and the result is awesome.
Time : 1 hour & 30 min
Serves 8-10 persons
Ingredients & Instructions
- 1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 100 grams chilled butter cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- ½ tsp of salt
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Note : 1 cup – a standard cup of 240 ml
- Put all the ingredients together and mix until the dough comes together.
- Shape the dough into a disc, cover and put in the fridge while preparing the filling.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 medium apples
- Butter & flour to prepare the pan for baking
- Mix together the sour cream, sugar, vanilla, flour and egg.
- Peel the apples and cut into thin slices, something like potato chips, and add the lemon juice.
- Grease the pie pan with a little bit of butter and sprinkle with a little bit of flour.
- Roll the dough out in between two pieces of parchment paper and then press into the pie pan (20 cm).
- Put apples inside and then add the cream.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 50 to 60 min.
- Let it cool completely and then put in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, or ideally overnight.