These are maybe my all-time favourite cookies, where the olive oil taste matches perfectly the orange and cinnamon flavour.
My mom used to make them all the time and I expressed my support by eating them all.
I don’t know why they never come as perfect as when mom bakes them, maybe they lack mom’s touch or she has a secret that hasn’t shared with me.
Anyway they’re still very nice and somehow healthy. They’re also pretty easy to assemble. No rolling or chilling the dough. No fancy ingredients or techniques. And you may keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Time : 1 hour
Makes 35 cookies
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 & 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 & 1/2 Orange (zest and juice)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 & 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon clove powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Brown sugar, seeds, or, dried fruits to sprinkle
Note : 1 cup – a standart cup of 240 ml
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a big bowl mix floor, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, clove and orange zest and mix well.
- In another bowl mix the olive oil with sugar and orange juice.
- Pour the dry ingredients’ mixture to the wet ingredients mixture and mix well.
- Shape the cookies using an ice-cream scooper
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, seeds or chopped dried fruits.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10-12 min.