It’s easy to guess I’m a chocolate addict, from the number of recipes that include chocolate, in this blog. They vary from the healthy ones like : energy balls, chocolate muffins or chia pudding to more luscious ones like brownie cookies, flourless chocolate & pear cake, Queen Sheba cake, chocolate cups, chocolate truffles, tahini & cocoa cookies, or chocolate cake-pops. Now it’s time for the chocolate cake to join the luscious chocolate desserts’ club.
This recipe is actually slightly adapted from my friends’ Ina Nutella’s cheesecake. I wanted to use pure chocolate instead of Nutella, so I made some small changes.
The chocolate cheesecake is very easy to make, which makes it perfect, for those who are new to cooking, or in case you are short on time, but still want to prepare something delicious.
No-bake chocolate cheesecake
Yield 8-10 servings
- 80 g butter
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts (optional)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 200 g cookies of choice (I prefer Gran Cereale)
- 350 g cream cheese. I strongly suggest using Philadelphia for this recipe
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 100 ml cream
- 1/3 - ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Start by preparing the cookie base.
- Melt the butter and set aside.
- Put cookies, hazelnuts and cinnamon in a food processor and crush them. You may also put them in a large plastic bag, and crush them using a rolling pin until very fine crumbs form.
- Pour crumbs into a medium bowl and stir in butter, until well combined.
- You may choose to prepare individual cheesecakes, or a whole cheesecake that serves 8-10 persons.
- Depending on your choice, press the crumb mixture into a 20 cm spring-form pan and press flat, or add the cookie crumbs in glasses or jars and press them with the back of a spoon.
- Put the cream cheese in a large bowl and beat it using an electric mixer at medium speed, until smooth.
- Chop the chocolate and set aside.
- In a small saucepan warm the cream and add the chopped chocolate.
- Mix very well, until the chocolate is melted.
- Sift cocoa and powdered sugar over the cream cheese and mix very well.
- Add the chocolate and cream mixture and mix well.
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, ideally overnight, or for a minimum of 2 hours.