I’m writing this post on the commute to work. It takes me around 1 hour, and it’s not nice at all. To make it bearable I read, listen to music, podcast, or write blog posts. I’ve promised you this recipe many months ago, but I totally forgot.
This is my go to frosting recipe. It’s perfect to frost cupcakes and cakes and you need only 3 ingredients: cream cheese, heavy cream and powder sugar. Yayy, it’s that simple.
The first time I’ve made it, it was for my birthday cake almost 2 years ago. It had a vanilla base, a layer of raspberry jam and pastry cream, and was covered on this cream cheese frosting.
My favorite frosting recipe
- 1 cup cream cheese (I usually go for mascarpone, Philadelphia works very well too)
- 1 & 1/2 cups sweet heavy cream - the sweet one is the easiest to beat and become nice and fluffy
- 1/4-1/2 cup powdered sugar - depending on how sweet you prefer your frosting
All the ingredients should be cold, when you make this recipe, otherwise it won’t whip.Bring them out from the fridge right before cooking.Cream cheese package sometimes may contain some water. Make sure to discard the water before using the cream cheese.The amount of sugar varies a lot. If you manage to find fresh unsweetened heavy cream and want to use that, please do, but remember to check your frosting and adjust sugar to your sweet tooth. The same if you’re using sweet cream, start adding only 1/4 cup sugar at first and then check.Another trick that sometimes use to make sure that everything will whip to perfection is to put the bowl and whisk that I’ll use to make the frosting in the fridge.
- To make the frosting just beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add cream cheese and start beating again. Add the sugar slowly until you reach the desired consistency.
- Be careful not to over-beat the cream.
- Use the cream cheese frosting immediately to frosting cupcakes, or cakes.
- This recipe makes enough frosting for a 2 layer cake with a 20 cm base or 12 cupcakes.