- 2 cups flour
- 70 g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-5 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 500 g leek (white and light green part only)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 70 g hard cheese
- Grated nutmeg
- Start preparing the dough.
- Cut the butter into cubes and set aside.
- In a food processor put all the ingredients for the crust and process until the dough comes together. If you don’t have a food processor mix all the ingredients together by hand.
- Put the dough to chill in the fridge, while you prepare the filling.
- Clean the leeks and finely chop them.
- Sautee in a medium pan over medium heat until soft.
- Add butter, salt, and pepper, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Bring the dough out of the fridge and let sit on the kitchen counter for 5-10 minutes.
- Roll it with a pin, wide enough to cover the bottom of a 20 cm pan and hang a bit on the edge.
- Pierce it with a fork and put in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes.
- In a big bowl beat the eggs with milk, until well combined.
- Add the cheese and mix again.
- Bring the pan out of the oven and add the leeks.
- Add the eggs, milk and cheese mixture on top.
- Season with pepper and nutmeg and put in the oven to bake.
- Bake for around 20-30 minutes, on the lower rack.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before cutting it.
Recipe by Mandarina at http://mandarina-yum.com/en/leek-quiche/