Yield 8 servings
- 1 package of no-boil lasagna (255g)
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium onions
- 8 tbsp. olive oil
- 400 g mozzarella sliced or shredded
- 50 g parmesan, grated
- 750 g tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- A bunch of fresh basil very finely chopped
- Chop onions very finely and set aside.
- Clean and cut the carrots in small cubes and set aside.
- Clean and cut the eggplants and zucchini in small cubes and set aside.
- In a big pan saute the onion and carrots with 2 tbsp. olive oil until the onion becomes translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add 2 more tbsp. olive oil, the zucchini and eggplants and saute for few more minutes, until the vegetables start getting tender.
- Remove from the heat and add them to the cooked carrots and onions.
- In a big bowl mix the tomato sauce, milk, 4 tbsp. olive oil, oregano, chopped basil, salt and pepper.
- To assemble the lasagna, place few tbsp. of the mix of sauce at the bottom of a 20 cm x 30 cm casserole.
- Place lasagna sheets on top. Add some more sauce and add a layer of the mix of vegetables.
- Top with mozzarella slices.
- Repeat this process until the last layer.
- At the end top with sauce and the parmesan.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven at 180 C for 40-50 minutes.
- Uncover the casserole and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Let it slightly cool before serving, so it will be easier to cut.
Recipe by Mandarina at http://mandarina-yum.com/en/lasagna-oclock/