After the latest events in Albania, it’s hard to come back to the routine.
Baking has always been my safe zone, the best therapy in stressful situations, and there’s nothing better than homemade bread in a cold December day.
- 500 g rye flour
- 10 g salt
- 10 g instant yeast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 350 ml water
- Mix rye, salt and yeast.
- Add olive oil, honey and water.
- Mix very well and work the dough for 5-10 min.
- Layer the loaf pan with baking paper.
- Add the dough, cover with cling film or a kitchen towel and let sit in a warm place for 10-12 hours.
- Prepare the oven to bake the bread.
- Preheat the oven at 230 C. When the oven is hot, take a small casserole, fill it with boiling water and put it in the oven to make steam.
- Cut the surface of the bread using a sharp knife.
- Put the bread in the oven and bake it for 30-40 min.
- Once the bread is ready, let it sit 5-10 min in the pan, than transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy with your favorite toppings 😋 butter & jam is my favorite combo.