I’m a Mediterranean girl, and as every Mediterranean, I love sunny days. Winter is hard, especially when it rains and we have to come up with ways to cheer up. This homemade hot chocolate mix is one of them. It goes perfectly with some homemade cookies and a good movie, or long talks with friends.
The homemade chocolate mix is very easy to make. You just mix the ingredients that most probably are sitting in your pantry and keep the mixture in a jar. Every time you need a delicious and wholesome warm chocolate you can have it ready in few minutes.
A nice jar of homemade chocolate mix makes a great gift for your friends too. Put a nice ribbon on it and is ready.
Homemade hot chocolate mix
- 150 g dark chocolate
- ½ cup (60 g) powdered sugar
- 1 & ½ - 2 tbsp. (45-60 g) corn-starch depending on how thick you prefer the hot chocolate
- 1 cup without 1 tbsp (100 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chop the chocolate into very small pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients and keep in an airtight container for up to a month
- To prepare the hot chocolate, pour 3 tsp of the mixture into 200 ml milk in a small saucepan and heat gently until all the mixture is melted and thickened.
1 cup = 240 ml