As soon as I hear the word “avocado”, I can speak for hours on how healthy, tasty, beautiful it is and on many ways of using it.
My favourite ever avocado recipe is this guacamole with pistachio. I can have it for breakfast on toasted integral bread, for lunch as a side dish to chicken or rice, as a dip for afternoon snacks etc, etc, etc. All you need is avocado, pistachios, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Prepare to get surprised and thank me for your healthy addiction, which takes only 5 minutes to make.
Serving size : 2 -3 persons
Time : 5 min
- 2 medium avocados well ripped
- Juice of half lemon
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
Note : 1 cup – a standard cup of 240 ml
- Chop pistachios and set aside.
- Juice the lemon and set aside.
- Remove skin and stone from the avocados. Keep the stones, I’ll explain why in the next steps.
- Cut them in quarters put in a medium bowl and mash with a fork. Add lemon juice and chopped pistachios.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Transfer it to your serving bowl and enjoy immediately.
If there is some leftover put it in airtight container and put inside one of the avocado stones that you saved before. It helps keeping it fresh and it prevents it from browning. The guacamole keeps well in the fridge for up to 2 days.