Yield 8 persons
My family recipe of rice pudding.
- 1.4 l milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup short grain rice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cardamom (optional)
- Cinnamon and walnuts to add on top
- Place a big and deep pan over medium-high heat.
- Add milk and rice and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to low and let it cook slowly until it gets thick and creamy, around 40 – 45 minutes.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and cardamom and mix very well.
- Let it cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Divided it in serving bowls and let it cool completely before putting it in the fridge.
- Enjoy straight from the fridge with cinnamon and walnuts on top.
Note: 1 cup – a standard cup of 240 ml
Recipe by Mandarina at http://mandarina-yum.com/en/family-recipe-rice-pudding-2/