I loveeee vegetables, and preparing soups is such an easy way to enjoy them. I haven’t been a soup lover, until lately. I don’t know what happened, but a big bowl of soup with crunchy croutons on top, a warm blanket, Netflix and my furry babies, is my favorite way to spend the evening lately.
This cauliflower soup is creamy and delicious and requires only 5 ingredients to make, not counting spices. You may play with spices to add more flavor and make it different each time.
Easy cauliflower soup
Yield 4-6 servings
- 1 big head of cauliflower, about 700 g
- 1 medium leek, white part only
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup (100 ml) cream
- 4 cups of water or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp grounded ginger
- A pinch of grated nutmeg
- A pinch of spicy red pepper flakes (optional)
- Chopped nuts of choice (optional)
- Clean the cauliflower, cut it into florets and set aside.
- Clean the leek, finely cut it and sauté for 3-4 minutes with 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add water or vegetable stock and cook for around 30 minutes, or until cauliflower is soft.
- Remove from heat and blend the soup until.
- Add cream and spices and stir well.
- Divide it into serving bowls and top with chopped nuts of choice.
1 cup = a standard cup, 240 ml