There is an amazing couple out there that makes healthy eating so easy and delicious and has been an inspiration for millions of people, me included, Luise and David from Green Kitchen Stories. I’ve cooked many recipes from their blog and app and I completely love them.
Since I got a big batch of rye flour and I wanted to play a little bit with it, the first place I checked for inspiration was Green Kitchen story. They’ve got a recipe for double chocolate rye muffins, which I wanted to try since a long time. I used it as a base and created my own version of it.
The double chocolate rye muffins are so good and quite healthy, you can enjoy them for breakfast. I’m sure they’ll be a children favorite so don’t hesitate to try them. In case you are curios and want to try other muffins recipes you can find plenty of them in the blog.
For 16 medium muffins or 12 big ones
- 2/3 cup rye
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup boiling water or coffee
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Note : 1 cup – a standard cup of 240 ml
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- Prepare a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Mix the egg and sugar until well incorporated.
- Add the olive oil and yogurt and mix well.
- In another bowl mix the boiling water or coffee with cocoa powder until well mixed and set aside.
- Mix rye flour, all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to yogurt, eggs and oil mixture.
- Once the wet and dry ingredients are mixed add the cocoa mix and make sure is it well incorporated in the batter.
- At the end fold the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter in the muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.