Truffles are bite size delights that are extremely tempting, and really easy to make. The classic truffles are basically small balls of rolled chocolate ganache. But, that’s really only the beginning. You can make truffles infused with spices, mixed with dried fruit, you can add drops of liquor and plenty other options. Pack them in a nice box, and voila, a great homemade gift is ready.
Truffles are actually surprisingly easy to make, they just require a bit of hands on time and can be a little messy. But who wouldn’t like to get their hands dirty with chocolate :p
Serving Size : 30-40 truffles (depends on the size)
- 200 ml cream (not sweet)
- 400 g black chocolate
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup shredded coconut
Note : 1 cup – a standard cup of 240 ml
- Chop chocolate in a chopping board.
- Put the cream in a small, heavy saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Pour it over chocolate and allow to stand for a few minutes then stir until smooth.
- Allow to cool completely, then place in the refrigerator for 30 min – 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge and with a teaspoon roll out balls of the ganache.
- Roll the truffles quickly (as it will melt from the heat of your hands) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Than roll in cocoa powder, coconut powder or chopped nuts.
- Keep in the refrigerator and bring them out few minutes before serving.