Whenever I need a quick dessert, a mood booster, or something that everyone likes, this chocolate pudding comes to help. Its silky texture and deep chocolate flavor are to die for. All you need is a deep saucepan and some ingredients, I’m sure all of you have in your pantry like milk, cream, cocoa, chocolate, sugar, and eggs.
I serve this chocolate pudding with nuts or granola on top, fresh fruits also are a good match, especially strawberries and raspberries. I’ve also used to fill tarts and it’s simply delicious. You can enjoy it warm or cold, all is up to you.
Dark chocolate pudding
Yield 4 servings
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 & 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tbs cocoa
- 1/3-1/2 cup brown sugar
- 100 g dark chocolate
- Pinch of salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tbs cornstarch
- In a deep saucepan, mix the milk with cornstarch until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add sugar and the eggs and mix well.
- Sift cocoa powder over the saucepan and add chocolate chunks.
- Put the saucepan over medium heat and cook stirring continuously.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the mixture starts to get thick.
- Divide into serving bowl and enjoy.