I promised to post my recipe for crispy oatmeal cookies more than a month ago, but many things happened in between (beautiful things luckily) so I didn’t manage to bring it to you. I’ll update you on what’s changing in my personal life, which I believe will also affect Mandarina a lot on the coming months, while for the recipe you don’t have to wait that long.
These oatmeal cookies are so simple, yet delicious. They’re crispy and have a strong nutty taste. I love to dip them on dark chocolate for an extra layer of flavor, but this is totally optional. You may easily double the recipe and make a big batch to enjoy during the week or share with your friends. They’re always a big hit among mines, so I guess they’ll amaze yours too.
Crispy oatmeal cookies
- 1 cup old-fashion oats
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg
- 100 g butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup mixed chopped nuts & seeds (walnuts, almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds etc)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100 g chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven at 180 C.
- Prepare a big baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Add sugar to the melted butter and beat well.
- Add the egg and continue beating.
- Add oats, flour, cinnamon, and baking powder and mix.
- Add nuts and seeds and mix again.
- Use an ice-cream scoop or two tablespoons to shape the cookies.
- Place them in the baking pan far from each other, because they spread a lot during baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before dipping in chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in bain marie and dip each cookie.
- Let them cool until the chocolate is set and enjoy.
1 cup = a standard cup 240 ml