Creamy polenta with sautéed porcini mushrooms
Yield 2 servings
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 & ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 300 g fresh porcini mushrooms cleaned
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Put the polenta and water in a deep pan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let cook slowly, until all the water is absorbed.
- Season with salt and pepper, add butter and stir until the butter is incorporated.
- While polenta is cooking prepare porcini mushrooms.
- Slice the porcinis and set aside.
- Place a big pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Once the oil gets hot add the mushrooms to the pan.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the chopped parsley at the end.
- Layer polenta on a plate and top with sautéed mushrooms.
Recipe by Mandarina at http://mandarina-yum.com/en/creamy-polenta-with-sauteed-porcini/