When you’re in hurry, but still want a delicious meal cooked at home polenta with sautéed porcini mushrooms comes to help. It’s super easy, quick and you need only 5 ingredients to make it.
I’ve chosen porcini mushrooms because I love them so much, but in case you cannot find them, feel free to use your favorite mushrooms. Apart from mushrooms and polenta, you only need some olive oil, butter, and parsley.
Creamy polenta with sautéed porcini mushrooms
Yield 2 servings
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 & ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 300 g fresh porcini mushrooms cleaned
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Put the polenta and water in a deep pan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let cook slowly, until all the water is absorbed.
- Season with salt and pepper, add butter and stir until the butter is incorporated.
- While polenta is cooking prepare porcini mushrooms.
- Slice the porcinis and set aside.
- Place a big pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Once the oil gets hot add the mushrooms to the pan.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the chopped parsley at the end.
- Layer polenta on a plate and top with sautéed mushrooms.