I’m not sure if the world needs a recipe for fruit salad, but I really enjoy talking about fruits, photo shooting fruits and even more eating them, so why not have a colorful and tasty conversation.
I prefer fruit salads over whole fruits because this way you get to eat more types of fruits. When I make fruit salads I always combine seasonal fruits and enhance flavors with a simple dressing made with lemon juice and honey. The dressing keeps fruit from oxidizing also adds up on sweetness.
The best part is you may save your fruit salad in a jar in the fridge for up to 2 days.
I usually pack fruit salads in small jars, so they are ready to take away or put in your lunchbox. This is also a great way to make your children eat more fruits, since they are fresh from the fridge, sweetened with honey and nicely combined.
Colorful fruit salad with honey and poppy seeds
Fruits of choice. I chose:
- 1 peach
- 15 strawberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 4 apricots
- 1 cup cherries pitted
- 1 small lemon or half a medium lemon
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- In a small bowl whisk well the juice of the lemon, the zest, honey and poppy seeds.
- Cut the fruits on big chunks and add them in a big bowl.
- Toss them with the dressing and let sit in an airtight container in the fridge for at least half an hour, or up to 2-3 days.
- I prefer to put the salad in jars, so the salad is already portioned and ready to take away.