I’m not sure if the world needs a recipe for fruit salad, but I really enjoy talking about fruits, photo shooting fruits and even more eating them, so why not have a colorful and tasty conversation.
I prefer fruit salads over whole fruits because this way you get to eat more types of fruits. When I make fruit salads I always combine seasonal fruits and enhance flavors with a simple dressing made with lemon juice and honey. The dressing keeps fruit from oxidizing also adds up on sweetness.
The best part is you may save your fruit salad in a jar in the fridge for up to 2 days.
I usually pack fruit salads in small jars, so they are ready to take away or put in your lunchbox. This is also a great way to make your children eat more fruits, since they are fresh from the fridge, sweetened with honey and nicely combined.
Fruits of choice. I chose:
- 1 peach
- 15 strawberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 4 apricots
- 1 cup cherries pitted
- 1 small lemon or half a medium lemon
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- In a small bowl whisk well the juice of the lemon, the zest, honey and poppy seeds.
- Cut the fruits on big chunks and add them in a big bowl.
- Toss them with the dressing and let sit in an airtight container in the fridge for at least half an hour, or up to 2-3 days.
- I prefer to put the salad in jars, so the salad is already portioned and ready to take away.