Remember that weekend when I was home alone and had a baking marathon? Well this cake is one of the sweet creations I whipped up that day, and I am so excited to share it with you.
It includes coconut and almonds which match so well together and few other ingredients mandatory for cakes such as butter, sugar and eggs.
You need just one bowl to mix everything and less than 1 hour of your time including baking. Yayyy😍 Tempted?
Coconut & almond cake
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 70 g melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp milk or yogurt
- Almond flakes
- a little bit of sugar to sprinkle on top
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour (optional)
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare a 20 cm baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with sugar until the mixture looks homogeneous.
- Add melted butter, vanilla extract and yogurt and mix well.
- Add coconut meal, almond meal and flour if using and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in the baking pan.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds and a little bit of sugar on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes.
- Let it cool well before serving.
1 cup = a standard cup of 240 ml
If you can not find almond meal, just blend 1 cup of almonds for few seconds in a food processor and voila, you now have it.