Playing with dough is my favorite game for the moment. I’m trying to understand bread and the magic behind it and I’m loving every moment of this journey.
This focaccia bread was one of my last bakes, and disappeared in few minutes. It’s so easy, yet sooo good. You can enjoy it as a snack or make sandwiches filled with all the goodies. It’s all up to you.
Focaccia (makes 1 small)
- 1 & 1/2 cup strong bread flour
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp dry instant yeast
- 3 tbsp olive oil for the dough
- 2 tbsp olive oil for the pan
- Mix water, yeast & honey.
- Mix flour & salt.
- Pour the wet mixture to the dry mixture.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix the dough.
- Once the dough comes together, put it in a bowl and cover with a kitchen towel.
- Let the dough rest for 10-12 hours.
- After 12 hours remove the dough from the bowl and knead it for few minutes.
- Brush a pan generously with olive oil.
- Put the dough in the pan and gently stretch the dough to the edges of the pan.
- Form small dimples using your fingers or the back of a spoon.
- Cover and let the dough rise for another 45 min to 1 hour.
- Drizzle with olive oil before baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 250C for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it slightly cool before serving.
- Enjoy as a snack, or as sandwich.