I like super easy recipes that allow me to toss everything together within minutes. They make busy days easier and my family happier.
The classic chocolate chips muffins recipe is one of them. I make a batch and enjoy it on the mornings during the week(when I want to treat myself, and forget about eating healthy), or bring all them to work and get blamed for ruining everyone’s diet :p
My chocolate chips muffins are very soft, tender and moist on the inside, with a golden and crusty top on the outside. I like them best fresh from the oven, especially on winter days.
If you love muffins as much as I do, you should also make “Super healthy almond mini-muffins“, “Carrot cupcakes with mascarpone and honey frosting“, “Oatmeal and blueberry muffins” or “White chocolate, strawberries and coconut muffins“.
Time : 30 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 150 gr butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup – a standard cup of 240 ml
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar. Slowly add the eggs one at a time. Then add vanilla extract and milk.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients mixture to the dry ingredients and fold together until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and fold again.
- Spoon the batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180* for 20-22 min.
Note : I often replace 1/4 cup all-purpose flour with 1/4 cup corn-starch or semolina flour. Both of them make muffins texture different. Semolina gives a crumbly texture, while the corn-starch makes them super light and moist. If you’re into experimenting with cooking you might enjoy trying both versions.
If you’re looking for a richer flavor you may add the butter amount up to 200g.
I use this recipe as the basic muffins recipe and replace chocolate chips with fruits, nuts, or replace part of the flour with oatmeal, nut flour etc., the options are endless.