Last week I had an amazing trip to Rome. I super enjoyed everything, the culture, architecture, lovely people and excellent food.
Well, it’s not all. I ran the Rome marathon (so I could eat all the pasta and ice-cream that I wanted ). It was such an amazing experience that I will remember for a long time. My beautiful, gorgeous cats, were home alone during all week. My sister and the brother of my better half came to visit them. They had super fun with Pixel and as always couldn’t meet Weirdo, who disappears when anyone except me and Klajdi comes home.
My super lovely cat-sitters deserve a big thank you and homemade delights of course
Since my sissy loves chocolate chip cookies I thought, I should bake some. I have tried to cook chocolate chip cookies before, but they always were missing something, sometimes they were dry, other times too sweet etc, etc. This time they are just perfect crispy, chocolaty, yummy…
Chocolate chip cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 200 g butter at room temperature
- 1 egg & 1 egg yolk at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 & 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl cream butter and both sugars together. Add the egg and the egg yolk and beat well. Add vanilla extract and mix.
- Fold the dry ingredients into wet ingredients. At the end add the chocolate chips.
- Use an ice-cream scooper to scoop the dough. Place the cookies in the freezer to chill for approximately 20-30 min.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 12-14 min (until golden brown). Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Note : 1 cup – a standard cup of 240 ml