Yield 2-3 servings
- 1 big cauliflower head (500-700 g)
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup hummus (optional)
- Few seeds (sesame & sunflower) to add at the top
- Heat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Use a sharp knife to cut thick slices of cauliflower around 2-3 cm thick. Start from the top center of cauliflower head cutting through stem end.
- Brush the cauliflower steaks with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy at the edges.
- Serve it immediately over hummus.
Bake the remaining cauliflower florets also and enjoy as a salad the next day, or put them in soups, or make a cauliflower pizza.
Recipe by Mandarina at http://mandarina-yum.com/en/cauliflower-steak/