Some months ago I was thinking it was time that my blog had a logo so I talked to a friend of a friend (Syni) who was happy to help me. After some weeks this super creative guy came to me with 5 options, and my instinctive choice was the logo that you now see at Mandarina’s homepage. I love its bright color and simple design
Thank you so much Syniii…
So, to thank him for his great work I prepared these super easy and yummy cupcakes. The spices’ combo makes them smell and taste amazing and the creamy frosting is just wow…
They are a bit high in calories, even though I tried to eliminate sugar as much as I could, and replaced some of the butter with olive oil, so be careful
I’m sure everyone would love them, so if you want to surprise your loving ones make a batch of these cupcakes…
Makes 12 cupcakes
Time : 40 min
- 1 & 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 50 g butter
- 2 eggs
- Juice of 1 orange
- 4 medium carrots peeled and grated
- 3/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground coves
- 250 g mascarpone
- 30 g butter
- 1 tbs honey
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and set aside
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees celsius
- Clean and grate the carrots using a cheese grater
- Cream butter and sugar together
- Add olive oil and mix again
- Add eggs one at a time and continue mixing
- Add orange juice and mix again
- In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, spices and salt
- Mix the wet mixture with the dry mixture
- Incorporate the grated carrots and chopped walnuts into the batter. Save few (2 tbs max) of the chopped walnuts for the frosting
- Divide it in muffin tins and bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius fir 18-22 min.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
Meanwhile prepare the frosting.
- Cream the butter, mascarpone cheese and honey together and put in the freezer to chill for around 20-30 min.
- Frost the cupcakes. Sprinkle some chopped walnuts at the top and enjoy.
If there are any left keep in the fridge in an airtight container for two days max.