- 2 cups of your favorite nuts (I usually go with a mix of walnuts, almonds, and hazelnuts)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 20 g butter
- Place a baking paper over a baking pan and set aside.
- In a big pan over medium-high heat add sugar and stir it well with a wooden spoon, until it caramelizes. It should get a dark-brown color.
- Add butter and nuts and mix for few seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan, trying to distribute it in a single layer, and let it cool completely.
- Once it gets cool, brake down in big chunks and put it in a big jar to enjoy whenever you want. They keep very well for 3-4 weeks.
Recipe by Mandarina at http://mandarina-yum.com/en/caramelized-nuts/