Caramelized nuts are one of my favorite guilty pleasures. They pair perfectly with a glass of wine, or a cup of hot cocoa for those like me, that don’t go crazy for alcohol.
I always make a big batch of caramelized nuts to share with family and friends. They keep well for weeks, so it’s so nice to have them around and enjoy a sweet bite once in a while.
The beauty of caramelized nuts is that you can adapt them to your own taste, choose your favorite nuts, spice them up with your favorite spices, add seeds if you like. It’s all up to you.
- 2 cups of your favorite nuts (I usually go with a mix of walnuts, almonds, and hazelnuts)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 20 g butter
- Place a baking paper over a baking pan and set aside.
- In a big pan over medium-high heat add sugar and stir it well with a wooden spoon, until it caramelizes. It should get a dark-brown color.
- Add butter and nuts and mix for few seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan, trying to distribute it in a single layer, and let it cool completely.
- Once it gets cool, brake down in big chunks and put it in a big jar to enjoy whenever you want. They keep very well for 3-4 weeks.