What’s better than black chocolate? Spicy, black chocolate cups, filled with caramel sauce.
They’re easy peasy to make and make the perfect homemade gift on these cold days. I love the combination of black chocolate and chili pepper, but you may omit it if you wish. They’re perfect even in the non-spicy version.
Are you ready to satisfy your sweet tooth, and share love and goodness around?
Time : 30 min
Makes 12 chocolate cups
- 250 g black chocolate (70%)
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp chili pepper
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cream (not sweet)
- 40 g butter
- Pinch of salt
Note : 1 cup – a standard cup of 240 ml
- Melt the butter and sugar and let the sugar caramelize at low heat. Be careful not to burn the sugar.
- Warm cream in another pan.
- Add cream and salt to the sugar mixture and mix it very well.
- Let the caramel sauce cool completely at room temperature before filling the chocolate cups.
- You may prepare the caramel sauce ahead, keep it in the fridge and then use it to fill the cups.
- Melt the chocolate on very low heat or using a double boiler. Add the red pepper and whisk well.
- Fill 12 silicon mini-muffins molds till 1/3 with melted chocolate. Put them in the fridge for 10 min.
- Bring out the silicon molds and pour 1 tsp caramel sauce on each. Cover with melted chocolate and put again in the fridge.
- Let them sit in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, or overnight.
- Remove the silicon pads and enjoy.
- Save the chocolate cups in the fridge in an air tight container, for max 5 days.