I am a chocolate addicted person. I love having chocolate anytime and in every form, starting from cocoa nibs to chocolate ice-cream, chocolate pies, chocolate cakes, chocolate cookies, well the list is probably endless.
These brownie cookies are exactly what every chocolate lover dreams off. They are crispy on the outside, fudgy on the inside and with an intense chocolate flavor.
The recipe is adapted slightly from Passion for Baking.
Time: 30 min
Serving size: 15-18 cookies
- 250 g chocolate
- 40 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup powder sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Note: 1 cup – a standard cup of 240 ml
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, vanilla and 50 g of chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- Put the remaining chocolate and butter into a bowl. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stir until everything is melted.
- Turn off the heat, but leave the bowl where it is. Add the sugar to the chocolate mixture and stir until everything is well blended.
- Remove the bowl from the heat. Add the eggs one at a time and carefully stir to mix.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until everything is well combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Put the batter in the fridge and let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and shape cookies using an ice cream scoop.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10-12 min.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the cookies cool in the pan for 5-10 min then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy and share some love and sweetness around.