Finally blueberry season is here, so I can unleash my fantasy and create whatever I want with these gorgeous little diamonds. We are very lucky to have wild blueberries here in Albania, which are a bit hard to find and expensive, but they’re totally worth every penny and effort.
I’m starting with a classic recipe, blueberry muffins, but not the average blueberry muffins, the best you have ever tried.
The secret to make them soooo good, is oatmeal, olive oil and a little bit of lemon zest. As most of my recipes these blueberry muffins are super easy to make 🙂
Time : 30 min
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour + 1 tbs to coat the blueberries
- 1 & ½ cup instant oats
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup yogurt
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl mix well the olive oil and sugar together.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat again.
- Add the yoghurt and vanilla and mix again.
- In another bowl mix flour, oatmeal, lemon zest, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the wet mixture with the dry mixture.
- Toss the blueberries with 1 tbs flour, so they do not fall at the bottom of the tin and fold into the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 – 22 min.